*This post is sponsored by Levana. I was paid for this post and received products as compensation. As always, all opinions are my own.*
My Lukey baby is 10 weeks old now and there are a few things that we must have to get through our days, it wanted to share them with you:
1. Bassinet or Co Sleeper: After co sleeping with James and Zoe I’ve decided NOT to co sleep this go around. I can’t go another 3 years with a tiny human in my bed (yes it took that long to kick both of them out). We have the Halo Swivel Sleeper to use in our bedroom and a Dock-a-Tot to use around other areas of the house.
2. Movement Monitor: Sleep while the baby is sleeping they said. Sounds easy enough until you’re obsessing over whether or not your baby is still breathing. We are using the Oma Sense Movement Monitor to give us the peace of mind that we need to rest. It monitors Lukes breathing and alerts us if no movement is detected.
3. Baby Carrier: Nothing beats being hands free but still having your little babe close. My first experience with baby carrying was with Zoe & it was a life saver during her first year. The Boba Wrap is one of my favorites to use around the house. When we are on the go I prefer the ease of using the Diono Carus Essentials Carrying System.
James was a little jealous of my wearing Zoe and all of our extra bonding so I got him the LalaBu Dad Shirt.
4. Diaper Bag: Staying with the convenience of being hands free, I opted for a backpack over a traditional diaper bag. The Jenny Backpack from Bow & Rattle is super cute and has space for all of Lukes items. For extra cuteness I got their Mini Jenny for Zoe so she can live out her big sister dreams. Click here to see my diaper bag essentials.
5. Feeding Gear: For my breast pump I went with the Spectra 2 (be sure to see if it’s covered through your insurance). I also have the Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump because pumping is my least favorite thing to do. It catches the let down from the opposite breast during feedings.
-Nursing Pillow: three babies later and Boppy is still bae.
-Bottles: We are using Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles with the slow flow nipple.
6. Travel System: We actually didn’t “need” one because we still had Zoes but I wanted a new one that would still allow Zoe to be able to ride on her “lazy” days. There were two that I loved, the Chicco Bravo 2 with their Keyfit 30 carseat and the Uppa Baby Vista with their Mesa car seat. We went with the Uppa Baby and we love it but there is a huge jump in price between the two, so if you’re looking for the best bang for your buck then the Chicco is for you. .
I tried to keep it minimal when prepping for Lukes arrival, sticking to items that I knew we would use without a second thought. Did I miss anything? What did you use frequently during the newborn stage?